New Year Resolutions

Saturday 10 January 2015



First of all, I am SORRY for being a bit quiet lately. I can't believe I haven't posted anything in over a week - unfortunately my laptop broke (but it did give me an excuse to get a new one) and it's just been one of those weeks. This is something I don't want to happen again this year and leads on nicely to my New Years Resolutions (a bit late I know). 

1. Quality over Quantity - one of the reasons I haven't posted in the last week or so, I haven't had anything of quality to write about! I haven't had time to go out and shoot a decent look and so I'd rather post nothing! This is something I want to stick with this year and if it means less posts then it means less posts (although I will try my best for this not to happen - see point.2)
2. Post More - as well as having more quality posts I want to increase the rate at which I'm publishing to a post a day - whether it's an editorial, outfit post, product review etc. But still sticking with rule number one!
3. Be more healthy - I've always been a health nut and a regular gym goer but I definitely want to step this up a bit this year. This means more kale and more HIIT circuits at the gym but hopefully it'll all be worth it! (More to come on this next month). 
4. Pass my driving test - Yes, I STILL haven't gotten around to doing this yet I WILL do it this year!
5. Invest in more work clothes - I am awful for this, I need to stop buying trainers and start buying pumps and pencil skirts! I'm probably going to do a work wear edit at some point this month/next month because finding a balance between my style and what I can wear to work needs addressing! I guess it does give me an excuse to buy some more blazer jackets... (and those Jimmy Choos I've been eyeing up the last couple months). 
6. Run a half marathon - preferably more than one.
7. Travel more - this is must! New York and Marrakech hopefully. 
8. Spend more time with my friends - I moved away in April last year and this is something that suffered for it. So this year I definitely want to spend more time visiting the people I love and care about.

So that's all i've got so far, although I don't think resolutions should be confined to the start of a new year - I personally want to always be looking at ways to improve and progress, so I will probably look to add to this list throughout the year. 

What are your New Year's Resolutions?

Thanks for reading, 

Lucy xx

5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! I definitely agree with numbers 1,3 7 & 8. :) I want to buy less but buy better!

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pretty much have the same resolutions, also learning to be more patient :)

    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading these!

    blousesandblush.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck with sticking to your resolutions!
    have a nice week
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground